Yoga has been an integral part of my own life, particularly in supporting my dance training. The best thing about Yoga is anyone can do it, anywhere. I wouldn't be able to live without it...
- Nikita Thakrar
Nikita regularly teaches Yoga classes at her studio on Bath Road in Cippenham. The key objectives of Nikita's classes are:
- To enhance overall health, particularly focussing on building up core strength, flexibility and balance.
- We do this through a series of postures, working slowly into them and building up the duration and intensity each week. We also work on existing conditions such as back pain.
- To build up concentration, focus, pace of thoughts, clarity of thoughts and overall positivity of mind.
- We do this by focusing on the breath whilst in the posture, to achieve a state of stillness.
- To develop a union between the physical body, the mind and the internal self.
- We do this through breathing techniques (Pranayama), Chanting, Relaxation and Meditation.
ALL of the above is practiced in a one hour class, one day a week.
Nikita's practice of Yoga is not based on any particular religion or faith. It is an open class for both men & women. The average age group of the class is currently 30's-50's however Yoga welcomes all ages and abilities. It is a common myth that if you are not flexible you cannot do Yoga. Through regular attendance at classes and practice at home, you will build up flexibility over time. Although that is not the core aim of Yoga.
Mondays 7-8pm DNC Studio, 459 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 6AA
Cost: £6.50 per class [Yoga mat on sale for £15 or to hire for £1]
- Promotion 1: throughout November 2014: £20.00 for 4 classes (must be taken consecutively).
- Promotion 2: Bring a friend and get your first class free.